Please note that temporarily most of the Masjid programs are paused due to COVID-19.
LECTURES AND CLASSES:
- Every Monday and Wednesday: Short talk by Sh. Abdool Hamid: After Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday: Short talk by Imam Dr. Wael Shehab: After Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer.
- Every 2nd and 4th Sunday: Islamic Education in Sign Language: 1:00-3:00 PM.
- Every 2nd and 4th Sunday: After the Shahadah: 3:00-5:00 PM.
- Every Saturday: Aqeedah and Fiqh: After Fajr (Dawn) Prayer.
- Al-Otrojah Qur’an classes are offered at Masjid Toronto in your availability.
MASJID TORONTO @ ADELAIDE:
- Every Monday and Wednesday: A short talk by Imam Dr. Wael Shehab: After Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday: A short talk by Sh. Abdool Hamid: After Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer.
New Muslim Information Form – Signup to stay informed and help us provide services for you.
It is our objective to ensure that new Muslims, and individuals interested in Islam, feel welcome and supported at Masjid Toronto. Our congregation is composed of great diversity and we welcome everyone, regardless of race, culture, ethnicity or gender.
Arrange a Visit
Of course you can visit the mosque at any time, but please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a guide to meet you for your first visit. We would be pleased to arrange for a Brother or Sister from our congregation to welcome you and show you around.
The mosque has one, common entrance shared by both Brothers and Sisters. Once you enter the main doors, you will see a door to a stairwell to access the Sisters’ prayer area, marked “Sister’s Entrance”. The other door is for the Brother’s prayer area, located on the main floor. Please remove your shoes. There is an elevator behind the Brother’s prayer area for those who require accessibility.
Most Sisters attend the mosque in loose, modest clothing that covers all of their body except their face and hands, including their hair. Others bring a scarf and put it on for prayers. Alternatively, prayer gowns are kept in the cupboards of the Sisters’ prayer room and can be worn over your clothes. Please feel free to use one, if you wish.
Convert Connect Group
The Convert Connect group meets on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month after the Dhuhr prayer in the mosque basement. This group provides an opportunity for converts to the faith to meet others, share experiences, and deepen their Sisterhood/Brotherhood in a friendly environment over tea and coffee. Meetings are not facilitated by a scholar and are informal in nature. There is no dress code.
Our After the Shahada class takes place every 2nd and 4th Sunday from 4pm to 6pm. The class is run by scholar Shaikh Abdool Hamid and provides a forum to ask questions and learn basic information about the faith. Attendees are encouraged to develop their spiritual practice with moderacy and at a pace that is comfortable.
Note: Sisters classes will resume in February 2018.