Salatul Al-Khusuf at Masjid Toronto this coming Sunday
Detailed Description of the Prayer
1. There is no Adhan or Iqamah for the Prayer, although the Prayer can be announced by calling, “As-Salatu Jami`ah” (“The congregation is gathering for Prayer”).
2. The imam begins the Prayer with takbir, as usual, followed by recitation ofSurat Al-Fatihah and one or more further surahs. The recitation can be loud (majority view) or silent.
3. The imam does ruku` with takbir, as usual.
4. The imam rises from ruku` saying “Sami` Allahu liman hamidah,” followed by the usual dhikr.
5. Remaining in the standing posture, the imam again recites Surat Al-Fatihahand one or more other surahs.
6. The imam goes into ruku` with takbir.
7. The imam rises from ruku` saying “Sami` Allahu liman hamidah,” followed by the usual dhikr.
8. The imam performs the two prostrations as usual, except that the prostrations should be lengthy, as should be the sitting between them.
9. The imam rises for the second rak`ah, which is performed in the same manner as the first.
10. Hence there are a total of four of each of the following: standing straight (with recitation), bowing down, and prostrating. The sunnah is for each standing straight, bowing down, and prostration to be shorter than the previous one.Imam Dr. Wael Shehab will be giving a small reminder and making du’a after the prayer.