Operational Rules During the Lockdown starting Apr 3rd
We hope you are keeping healthy and doing well.
In the recent weeks we have all been observing the rise in COVID-19 cases across Canada. As you know, the province of Ontario has announced the lockdown starting from Apr 3rd at 12:01AM. In light of the new directives for places of worship and to protect the community, please find below the new operating rules of Islamic Centre of Waterloo (ICW).
Jumaa Prayers (1:30PM, 02:15PM, 03:00PM and 03:45PM)
- Online Registration is mandatory to attend the Jumaa Prayer. There is NO on-site registration or waiting list.
Daily Prayers Starting from Fajr Prayer on Saturday Apr 3rd
- Online Registration is mandatory for each prayer. There is NO on-site registration or waiting list.
- All congregants MUST pre-register, which includes a health pre-screening, to attend.
- Only healthy people between the age of 14 and 70 can register. Seniors above 70 and children under age 14 as well as individuals with medical history are asked to pray at home
- Make your wudu at home. The washrooms will not be available.
- Please arrive 10 minutes in advance of the time slot for which you were confirmed. Prayer halls will only be open to congregants 10 minutes before iqama and the doors will be locked at iqama time.
- Congregants must bring their own prayer mats. You can not prostrate directly on Masjid carpet.
- Bring your own face mask. You Must wear it at all times while you are in the masjid.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entering/exiting the mosque.
- Physical distancing rules MUST be followed at all times
For Details on how to register, please click here
While we are happy with your presence, we want to ensure your safety and the safety of your loved ones. Please adhere to these rules as they are designed to reduce risks.
May Allah SWT protect all of us, our community and the whole world during these hard times.