ICW Reopening – Alhamdulellah
إِنَّمَا يَعْمُرُ مَسَاجِدَ اللّهِ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاَةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَلَمْ يَخْشَ إِلاَّ اللّهَ
The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. Yusuf Ali At-Tauba (The Repentance) 9:18
It is with great pleasure that we share with you that Islamic Centre of Waterloo (ICW) is reopening for prayers this Friday June 12, 2020 inshaa’Allah per the decision made by the Ontario Government to allow places of worship to reopen. We would like to welcome our community back by holding Jumaa’ah Prayer and regular congregational prayers starting Friday this week Inshaa’Allah.
This comes with stringent conditions. The Government announced the reopening of all mosques with physical distancing in place and attendance limited to no more than 30% of the building capacity to ensure the safety of worshippers.
We established the following guidelines to ensure two key outcomes:
1. Your safety and the safety of fellow community members and our staff and volunteers.
2. Ensure a reliable tracing mechanism for Public Health Ontario in case any positive infection cases were registered among any person who entered the masjid.
In order to reduce the chances of infection – we are:
1. Opening our congregation to healthy people (age 18 to 70 years) in order to keep the vulnerable populations in our community safe.
2. Individuals experiencing the most common symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat) are not permitted to join the congregation.
3. Individuals who have traveled internationally in the last 14 days and individuals who have had close contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days are prohibited from entering in the Masjid.
4. Beginning with a capacity of <20 persons> in order to comply with the provincial directive and ensure everyone has equal opportunity to attend the mosque. Both women and men are welcome.
5. We are providing equal opportunity for access based on first registered.
6. Ensuring the appropriate physical distancing measures of 2 meters (6ft.) are in place in entry and exit queues, within the mosque and during congregational prayer.
7. Increasing the frequency of our cleaning and disinfection procedures in general and paying special attention to high touch areas. The Masjid is disinfected by professional certified health and safety technicians.
8. Having sanitizing stations available to our congregants.
9. Limiting access to high contact areas such as water fountains, playgrounds, and bathrooms.
10. Prayers will be shortened and attendees are expected to exit right after prayer so as to avoid gatherings and maintain safety
11. In order to safely accommodate the greatest number of congregants – we are reducing Jumma time and holding multiple Jumma prayers: 01:30PM, 02:30PM and 03:30PM. There is a fourth Jumaa’ah prayer led by youth for high school youth at 04:30PM
12. Only congregational daily and Jumaa prayers are permitted while other activities will continue to be hosted online.
13. In-person social gatherings before and after prayers are not permitted at this time.
We need your help to ensure everyone’s safety. The following are mandatory requirements:
1. All congregants MUST pre-register, which includes a health pre-screening, to attend.
2. Make your wudu at home. The washrooms will not be available
3. Please arrive 15 minutes in advance of the time slot for which you were confirmed. We will be checking in those registered at the door. Prayer halls will only be open to congregants 15 minutes before the Iqama time and will close 15 minutes after. Sunnah or Nafl prayers should be performed at home.
4. Congregants must bring their own prayer mats. You can not prostrate directly on Masjid carpet.
5. Please wear face mask and practice physical distancing while at the masjid and during prayer
6. You may be asked to keep shoes with you to prevent overcrowding. Please bring your own shoe bags.
7. The designated direction for the flow of people through the Masjid Must be followed.
8. Please use hand sanitizer upon entering/exiting the mosque.
9. Avoid handshakes, embracing, close talking etc. Please avoid any contact at all times.
10. Do not hand out or share items that cannot be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use (e.g., books, prayer mats).
11. Congregants are requested to use hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette (including coughing and sneezing into the elbow or a tissue, discarding tissues into a lined garbage bin).
YOU MUST REGISTER – NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED WITHOUT REGISTRATION.
Note: Registration for Jumaa’ah prayer will be opened on Thursday at 09:00PM inshaa’Allah.
For more information, you can read the MAC “Mosque Reopening Best Practices Guideline and FAQ” https://www.macnet.ca/2020/06/09/reopen-bestpractice/
We are excited to welcome you back to your Masjid and bring the blessings of praying and remembering Allah together. While we are happy with your presence, we want to ensure your safety and the safety of your loved ones. Please adhere to these rules as they are designed to reduce risks.
MAC is one of the largest Muslim organizations in Canada. MAC believes that the personal development of every individual is the key to real and fruitful involvement in the community. It brings a balanced, constructive and engaged understanding of Islam that aims to inspire Muslims in Canada.