Jumaa is Suspended!
Operating Rules for Hespeler Masjid During the Lockdown Period
In the recent weeks we have all been observing the rise in COVID-19 cases across Canada. As you know, the province of Ontario has announced the lockdown starting from Dec 26th at 12:00AM. In light of the new directives for places of worship and to protect the community, please find below the new operating rules of Hespeler Masjid.
Jumaa Prayers will be suspended until further notice
Daily Prayers Starting from Fajr Prayer on Saturday Dec 26th
– The Masjid door will be locked once the limit of 10 persons is met.
– If you come to the Masjid and found it locked, please wait outside until the congregants finish the prayer and get outside, then you can get in.
– Names and contact information of all congregants will be collected in the masjid.
– Only healthy people between the age of 14 and 70 can register. Seniors above 70 and children under age 14 as well as individuals with medical history are asked to pray at home.- Make your wudu at home. The washrooms will not be available.- Please arrive 10 minutes in advance. Prayer halls will only be open to congregants 10 minutes before iqama and the doors will be locked at iqama time. Sunnah or Nafl prayers should be performed at home.
– Congregants must bring their own prayer mats. You can not prostrate directly on Masjid carpet.
– Bring your own face mask. You Must wear it at all times while you are in the masjid.
– Please use hand sanitizer upon entering/exiting the mosque.
– Physical distancing rules MUST be followed at all times
While we are happy with your presence, we want to ensure your safety and the safety of your loved ones. Please adhere to these rules as they are designed to reduce risks.
May Allah SWT protect all of us, our community and the whole world during these hard times.
Hespeler Masjid Management